We at Bixdoo (“Bixdoo”, “we,” “our” or “us”) very much respect your privacy, are committed to protecting it and want you to be informed about the ways we protect, use and share the information that we collect.
Types of Information We Collect
Personal Identifiable Information “PII”
Personal Identifiable Information (“PII”) is information that specifically identifies you as an individual, including, but not limited to:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Social Media accounts
- Experiences – including company, title, dates, and description
- Reviews and endorsements
- Network Contacts
- Account login information for third party services providers
- IP addresses and other information collected passively
- Device identifiers
In order to use the Services and create an account on the Site (your “Account”), you must provide us with at least your name and email address, and a password for your Account. In the course of using the Services, you may choose to provide additional PII on your profile to create your profile, network with other users, administer your Account, or access certain restricted parts of the Site and the Services. Providing additional PII also enables us to provide you with relevant contents on and off of the Services. You understand that by creating an Account with us, we and other users or visitors of the Site will be able to identify you by your profile.
You may import your address books, contact lists and/or emails, including first name, last name, email address, company, job title and other Personal Information of your contacts (collectively, “Contact Data”), into the Service. You may choose to activate or deactivate the import feature on your Account at any time. When this feature is activated, your address book, contact list or email is copied to our servers and automatically scanned for relevant Contact Data. For some email services, you may need to provide your username and password for us to access your email to enable this feature. We store the Contact Data and use it to provide the services and help you manage and network with your contacts in connection with the Services as described further below. We use industry-standard security practices for the security of any username and or password you provide us.
We also collect information about the use of our Service and the characteristics and activities of users of the Services, from which any personal information has been removed (“Non-Personal Identifiable Information”). When you access the Site or use the Services, we may collect Non-PII, including without limitation:
- Information regarding your use of the Services, including without limitation, activity and visit behavior on your website;
- Information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or online service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include, but is not limited to: your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, device type, browser type, operating system and version, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Site, information you search for on the Site, locale preferences, identification numbers associated with your devices, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information, metadata concerning your files, and other interactions with the Services;
- Content that you upload to your Account, your website, your profile or otherwise provided to us that is not Personal Information.
In this Policy, we refer to all information collected from or about you, including but not limited to Personal Information, Contact Data and Non-Personal Information, as “Your Information.”
We are always seeking to improve the Services and will introduce new features, some of which may result in the collection of new information. If we start collecting substantially new types of personal information and materially change how we handle your data, we will modify this Policy and post the revised Policy on the Site and may notify you in accordance with this Policy.
How We Use Your Information
When you submit information to us, it is collected, processed and maintained solely by us or by third party agents. Your Information is used and disclosed for, but is not limited to, the following purposes:
- Administer your use of the Services and any accounts you may have with us
- Account Registration
- Personalize your experience
- Allow you to login and/or import data to other websites
- Connecting your information with other applications
- Provide to you Service announcements
- Provide you with further information and offers from us or third parties that we believe you may find useful or interesting, such as newsletters, marketing or promotional materials
- On behalf of and according to instructions of a third party
- To enforce our Terms of Service
- To resolve any questions or issues being experienced
- To contact you to obtain feedback from you regarding the Site and the Services
- Exporting your data when requested by you
- Protecting against and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, or unlawful behavior
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such contact, announcements, information or offers, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication. Furthermore, communications that you initiate through the Services (for example, an invitation sent to a non-user or non-member) will list your name and primary email address in the header of the message.
We use Non-Personal Information for the above purposes and in addition in order to:
- Monitor and analyze use of the Services and for the technical administration of the Site
- Improve the Site and the Services
- Generate and derive useful data and information concerning the interests, characteristics and website use behavior of our users
- Verify that users of the Services meet the criteria required to process their requests.
- Your Information, including your Contact Data, that you provide to us may reveal or allow others to identify aspects of your life and your contacts’ life that are not expressly stated on your profile (for example, your picture or your name may reveal your gender). By providing Your Information to us, you are expressly and voluntarily accepting the Terms of Service and freely accepting and agreeing to our processing of Your Information, including your Contact Data, in ways set out by this Policy. Supplying to us any information deemed “sensitive” by applicable law is entirely voluntary on your part.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including the web pages you visit, your browser add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Services. We may collect and use this analytics information together with your Personal Information and stitch together session data from unauthenticated user visits with authenticated user visits to build a broader profile of our individual users so that we can serve you better. You can find out more information about how Google Analytics works and collects and processes the data here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Links to Other Websites.
We may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed.
Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with how your Personal Data is processed which are described below. In some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
Right to be informed – You have the right to know how your data is being processed.
Right of Access – Your have the right to access and request copies of your data that’s being collected.
Right of Rectification – You have the right to modify or update your personal data if incorrect data is being used.
Right to Erasure – You have the right to delete any personal data that has been collected.
Right to Restriction – You have the right to prevent a company from processing certain types of personal data.
Right to Data Portability – You have the right to access your personal data and transfer it between controllers.
Right to Object – You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your data for public interest, marketing or research.
To make any of requests described above, contact us at email@example.com
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Disclosure by You of Information of Other Users.
Personal Information of another user obtained through your use of the Site or the Services may be used by you only for the purpose for which such Personal Information was provided to you and strictly in accordance with the Terms of Service and this Policy, or otherwise subject to such user’s prior written consent.
As an online profile and networking platform, part of Your Information and with your permission, including without limitation content of your profile, is shared with other visitors to the Site. Any information you choose to provide in a submission on the Site or the Services should reflect how much you want other users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage you to think carefully about what information about yourself you disclose in your comments or submissions.
Social Media and other Applications.
If you have opted to link your Account to your Social Media accounts or other third-party applications, you can easily share content from the Services to these third party services, in accordance with your Account settings (which you may change at any time) and respective policies of these third parties. If you connect your Account with one of these services, you may be giving such third party service access to your Personal Information or Contact Data.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate or enhance the Services, to provide the Services on our behalf (such as email delivery), to assist us in analyzing how the Services is used, and to perform services related to administration of the Services or the Site (including, without limitation, maintenance, hosting and database management services, website analytics and administration).
We may combine certain Personal Identifiable Information with Non-Personal Identifiable Information in order to allow us to create information packages and services that are better tailored to your interests and preferences. Among other things, linking this information may allow us generally to improve and personalize the Site and the Services. If we combine or link any information with your Personal Information, the resulting combination will be treated as Personal Information under this Policy.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to: (1) comply with a legal requirement or process, including, but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; (2) enforce this Policy or the Terms of Service; (3) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties; (4) respond to user comments or service inquiries; (5) protect the our rights, property, or safety and the rights, property and safety of the Services, our users or the public; or (6) prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
Changes to this Policy.
Our Policy Toward Minors
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Site and Services are not designed for or directed at children and children under 13 are not permitted to use the Services. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bixdoo is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. However, we cannot guarantee unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your personal information despite our efforts. You should note that in using Bixdoo, your information would travel through third party infrastructures, which are not under our control. PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY PRIVILEGED INFORMATION ON THE SITE OR WHEN USING THE SERVICE.